An integrated rhyming dictionary for songwriters and poets
(See also the Rhyming Dictionary page, which contains files with groups of rhyming words.)
With this free rhyming program you can:
- Search for perfect, imperfect, or vowel rhymes.
- Match as many ending sounds as desired.
- Automatically search for rhymes for the last word on the previous line.
- Double click a word in your text to search for rhymes.
- Choose the pronunciation of the word that you want to search for, if there are variations.
- Match the stresses and length of the search word and results.
- View the number of syllables on each line, and the stress of each syllable.
- View the number of iambic feet or anapestic feet in each line.
- Correct the spelling of your song or poem with spelling suggestions.
- Customize the fonts and colors.
To use the program:
- This program is for Windows computers (Vista, 7, 8, and 10). The program has been tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10. The .NET Framework 4.5 (provided free by Microsoft) will be downloaded and installed (if it does not already exist on your computer) when you install this program. You can determine the version of the .NET Framework on your computer by going to the Control Panel and then to Uninstall Programs, and typing “.NET” in the search box.
- You can download the zip file that includes the program from the following Google Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tz5nqJbl_r_nxYLWzGmcZQ5Fk7BV96XW
- Download and save the “Rhymes ###” zip file to your computer.
- Extract the zip file on your computer by right clicking on the zip file and selecting “Extract All…” from the menu.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click the “setup” file to install and run the program.